How to Get Rid of Dandruff NaturallyApr 09, 2019
Do you have Dandruff?
Dandruff is unsightly and is caused by poor hygiene, poor diet and over active sebum production, causing white or yellow flakes falling from the skin of your scalp. You can easily see this or notice it more on dark clothing or against dark colored hair. Sometimes the scalp may be itchy, inflamed or red.
Other factors for dandruff include:
• Skin conditions — Certain skin conditions, such as seborrheic dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis, raise the risk of getting dandruff.
• Neurological illnesses — People with neurological illnesses like Parkinson's disease are found to be more susceptible to dandruff.
• Irritation to hair products — Store-bought hair products contain a number of chemicals that may irritate the scalp and lead to inflammation, itchiness and flaking.
• Poor eating habits — Insufficient consumption of foods that are rich in zinc and B vitamins may lead to dandruff.
• Age — Although anyone can suffer from dandruff at any age, this skin condition is more prevalent in young adults and middle-aged people.
• Climate — The cold weather during the winter season may promote the growth of the yeast-like fungus that causes dandruff.
• Hormones — Changes in hormones may affect the natural sebum production of the scalp. People who are suffering from hormonal imbalance are more likely to get dandruff.
Ways in which to improve and heal your dandruff naturally include:
• Apple cider vinegar — To make an apple cider vinegar solution for dandruff treatment, dilute a quarter cup of apple cider vinegar with a quarter cup of water. Put this solution in a spray bottle, and spritz it on your hair and scalp before wrapping your head with a towel. Wait for around 15 minutes to one hour before rinsing your hair. Doing this treatment twice a week helps control dandruff by reducing excess yeast growth on the scalp.
• Tea tree oil — Using tea tree oil for treating dandruff is quick and easy. Simply massage a few drops of tea tree oil onto your scalp to reduce itchiness and excessive oil production. You may also mix a few drops of this oil in your shampoo.
• Coconut oil — Thoroughly massage around 3 to 5 tablespoons of coconut oil onto your scalp an hour before showering. This treatment not only helps you be dandruff-free but also keeps your hair smelling good. You may also mix coconut oil with lemon or camphor to achieve better results.
Taking care of your diet, eliminating stress, sugar, alcohol will help along with increased exercise.
Other essential oils that you can use to help eliminate dandruff include peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, lavender oil, patchouli oil and lemongrass oil, among others. Most of these essential oils are rich in antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce scalp fungus and inflammation. (mercola.com)
Easily make hair masks with oils and ingredients listed above, or add oils before each shampoo or during shampoo wash. After washing and drying hair you can also add oils directly with some coconut oil for an extra leave in treatment. Your hair and scalp will feel refreshed, renewed and will be recovering soon from dandruff.
Have questions? Email me or visit www.alopeciaangel.com for more information
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.