How to Get Rid of Dandruff Naturally
Do you have Dandruff?
Dandruff is unsightly and is caused by poor hygiene, poor diet and over active sebum production, causing white or yellow flakes falling from the skin of your scalp. You can easily see this or notice it more on dark clothing or against dark colored hair. Sometimes the scalp may be itchy, inflamed or red.
Other factors for dandruff include:
• Skin conditions — Certain skin conditions, such as seborrheic dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis, raise the risk of getting dandruff.
• Neurological illnesses — People with neurological illnesses like Parkinson's disease are found to be more susceptible to dandruff.
• Irritation to hair products — Store-bought hair products contain a number of chemicals that may irritate the scalp and lead to inflammation, itchiness and flaking.
• Poor eating habits — Insufficient consumption of foods that are rich in zinc and B vitamins may lead to dandruff.
• Age — Although anyone can suffer from dandruff at any age, this skin condition is more prevalent in young adults and middle-aged people.
• Climate — The cold weather during the winter season may promote the growth of the yeast-like fungus that causes dandruff.
• Hormones — Changes in hormones may affect the natural sebum production of the scalp. People who are suffering from hormonal imbalance are more likely to get dandruff.
Ways in which to improve and heal your dandruff naturally include: